Stephanie Downs CEO of Uncaged Innovations. Stephanie has over 20 years of experience founding, building, and selling businesses in a variety of industries. She also spent over a decade serving as a Corporate Social Responsibility Consultant advising companies on alternatives to animal materials. She founded her first company in 1999, an internet marketing company that she sold in 2014 to a VC firm.
Then in 2016, Stephanie founded the venture, Good Dot, an organization that quickly grew to be the largest plant-based meat company in India. She sold her interests in that company to embark on helping build more innovative material companies. Now, Stephanie serves as the CEO of the emerging next-generation leather company, Uncaged Innovations.
Stephanie has also been featured as an expert in countless media. She received various awards including the 40 Under 40 Award in two states, the Dewey DoGooder Award from SXSW, and has been a TEDx speaker. She also holds a BA in marketing from Illinois State University.
Stephanie loves traveling and volunteering. She has been to over 45 countries and volunteered in Greece, Brazil, Costa Rica, Malaysia, South Africa, India, and Tobago. Currently, Stephanie lives in New York City with her partner and two rescue dogs.
A sneak peek of the things you'll learn:
- Stephanie Downs tells us about her business and what lead her to start her own business
- What were some of the mental hurdles or maybe fears she had to overcome to get started
- What was the ultimate tipping point that made her decide to go all in and bet on herself
- What key decisions she made that had the biggest impact to her success
- What quotes/advice/practices has helped her most to motivate her to keep moving forward
- What is she learning right now as a “life-long learner”
- What would be some advice she would like to share with our listeners who are on the fence considering owning their own business
Links mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by LeBrun Advisory Group.
LeBrun Advisory Group provides executive level, advanced education, and training on purchasing a franchise. The options for purchasing a franchise are increasing exponentially, coupled with the amount of information available on each concept, creates a great deal of data for franchise buyers to sift through.
LeBrun Advisory Group recognized that there was a real need to assist the franchise buyers, therefore, provides advanced research tools, consultative services, and due diligence assistance, but also help prospective franchisees qualify for the franchises they desired to invest in.
Rich LeBrun has partnered with experts in the industry and created a company that is built on helping you achieve your dreams of business ownership. Rich will make this easy for you throughout the research and award process.
To learn more about LeBrun Advisory Group, visit https://www.rlebrun.com/.