Jeff Seckendorf is the founder of UTD Scuba Diving, LLC.
Jeff learned to dive in 1990 in preparation for assisting with a series of underwater filmmaking workshops in the Caribbean.
He went on to dive extensively in the warm waters around the Virgin Islands and the [very] cold waters of upstate New York lakes.
After a long career in the film industry, Jeff co-founded Unified Team Diving, a global Scuba training and certification agency and Scuba equipment manufacturer.
In 2020 Jeff purchased UTD, renamed it UTD Scuba Diving, LLC, and separated the company from UTD Equipment. Jeff now owns and operates UTD Scuba Diving which is solely focused on training and certification.
Jeff has traveled the world as a diver: Egypt, Spain, Italy, France, Mexico, Dubai, the Caribbean, and domestically in all four corners of the country.
He’s been in the caves in Mexico, Florida, and Europe, is trained on the MX-Series of rebreathers, and is a UTD Instructor Trainer.
Jeff has been teaching adults all his life. He spent two decades as master faculty at the Maine Media Workshops and the Rockport College and eight years as the owner of One On One Film Training, a mentoring/consulting company training emerging film directors.
Jeff is a Certificated Flight Instructor and spent many years teaching and competing in competition aerobatics.
A sneak peek of the things you'll learn:
- Jeff Seckendorf tells us about his business and what lead him to start his own business
- What were some of the mental hurdles or maybe fears he had to overcome to get started
- What was the ultimate tipping point that made him decide to go all in and bet on himself
- What key decisions he made that had the biggest impact to his success
- What quotes/advice/practices has helped him most to motivate him to keep moving forward
- What is he learning right now as a “life-long learner”
- What would be some advice he would like to share with our listeners who are on the fence considering owning their own business
Links mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode is brought to you by LeBrun Advisory Group.
LeBrun Advisory Group provides executive level, advanced education, and training on purchasing a franchise. The options for purchasing a franchise are increasing exponentially, coupled with the amount of information available on each concept, creates a great deal of data for franchise buyers to sift through.
LeBrun Advisory Group recognized that there was a real need to assist the franchise buyers, therefore, provides advanced research tools, consultative services, and due diligence assistance, but also help prospective franchisees qualify for the franchises they desired to invest in.
Rich LeBrun has partnered with experts in the industry and created a company that is built on helping you achieve your dreams of business ownership. Rich will make this easy for you throughout the research and award process.
To learn more about LeBrun Advisory Group, visit https://www.rlebrun.com/.